The 2020 fall season was the most unique we have ever seen in 99 years of Stony Brook Athletics. COVID-19 brought new challenges to our playing fields, but our athletes and coaches responded with strength and grace. They should be applauded not just for what they accomplished, but for the manner in which they did it.
Despite the changes brought by COVID-19, the Bears’ success continued unabated as they secured five more championships in the fall season thanks to championship victories by our boys’ and girls’ cross country teams and the girls’ tennis team and regular season championships by our girls’ tennis and boys’ soccer teams. Here are the individuals honored for their outstanding achievement this season.
Boys’ Cross Country
- All-PSAA: Colin Scanlon, Forest Kaplan-Walbrecht, Joe Barisic Cubillas, Anthony Zajac, Paul Cesario, Tiger Wang, Marc Nichitiu, Nathan Stortz, David Yoo, Asad Arif & Lars Johnson
Girls’ Cross Country
- All-PSAA: Sarah Wong, Evelyn Apazidis, Mia Trama, Anne-Sarah Nichitiu, Eowyn Jeffrey, Naomi Zhao & Aubree Yoder
- All-PSAA: Luqman Bare, Mo Romeus, Devin Saraniero & Malik Ulysse
- All-PSAA: Sophia DiLavore & Madison Logan
- PSAA MVP: Carina Cristobal
- All-PSAA: Sam Cox, Carina Cristobal, Isabel Guo, Caroline Helmer & Alanna Wu